Website Privacy and Security
- Personal Information we collect on our websites and the purposes for which we use it.
- Personal Information we transfer, if applicable, to third parties
- Rights you have and how you can execute such rights
“Personal Information” is information that can be used either directly or indirectly to identify you. Examples of Personal Information include your name, physical address, your email address and items you purchased (provided we can connect them to your email, or you).
This Policy describes the types of information we collect about consumers, how we use the information, with whom we share it and the choices available to our consumers regarding our use of the information. We also describe the measures we take to protect the security of the information and how you can contact us about our privacy practices.
Different Types of Personal Information We May Collect
The types of personal information we may collect include:
- Contact information (name, address, email address, mobile number, telephone number);
- Username and password;
- Purchase and transaction information;
- Payment information;
- Customer service information (e.g. customer service comments);
- Contact information you provide about your friends and family. And those you would like us to contact;
- Information we may obtain from our third-party service providers.
Collection of Personal Information
We receive Personal Information from or about you in the following ways (as applicable):
We store the information that you provide to us when you create an account on our website (including email, name, date of birth and additional information you may voluntarily provide us). This information will be collected when you choose to sign-up using either your email account, or one of your social media accounts. Chevalier does not retain or collect any passwords used to sign up.
We collect details of your purchases when you purchase or return a product, or when you send us your product for warranty or any repair service.
Chevalier will store details of each visit to our website (e.g. pages visited, your IP address). In addition, we will also collect information you provide through our website.
If you refer any friends or family to participate in promotions or other referral programs we may offer, we collect the contact information that you provide regarding those individuals.
Uses Made of the Information
We may use the information you provide us in the following ways:
We will use your Personal Information to process purchases, send confirmations or receipts (if requested), handle any returns, and respond to customer service requests.
We may also use your Personal Information to administer your website account habits. This includes us accessing and enabling your shopping bag, see products you have purchased from us in the past, or to show you products that may be of interest to you. We may also use your Personal Information to provide additional services, such as processing process your product reviews, or email marketing requests, or email you promotional offers.
We may retain information and details of your visit to our website with any emails that we send you (“Usage Data”), including pages visited. The purpose of this information is for us to learn about who visits our site, your shopping habits, preferences, interests, which provides us with the analytics to better serve you and other customers.
Chevalier may contact you for marketing purposes via email, mail, or via other communication methods (e.g. social media). You have the option of opting out of this direct marketing by notifying us, as described below. For certain types of direct marketing methods (e.g. text messaging), we will ensure your explicit consent is received prior to any such direct marketing via text messaging is made.
We may use and collect Personal Information for any purpose associated with or related to the above purposes.
Personal Information For Marketing Purposes
To better serve you and all customers, we may use your Personal Information for marketing purposes that will help us learn more about yourself and other customers/users. Any contact we have with you for direct marketing purposes will be in accordance to all applicable laws. You may opt-out of our use of your Personal Information for marketing, and direct marketing purposes at any time by sending an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Cookies and Spyware
Cookies are small files containing a string of characters (text) that are sent to your browser from a website’s server that may be stored on the hard drive of your device. The cookie may contain a unique identifier but it does not contain information which directly identifies you personally, such as your name or email address. We recommend that you leave cookies “turned on” so that we can offer you a better experience on the Website. If you set your browser to block all cookies, you may not be able to access all parts of the Website.
We may permit third parties to collect user Personal Information over time or across third-party websites, and we may permit third parties to gather Personal Information on our websites for advertising purposes.
We rely on Google Analytics, a web analysis service provided by Google Inc. (“Google”) to gather anonymous statistical and analytical information about how users use our Site to measure audience. Google will process this information on our behalf in order to evaluate your use of the Website, to compile reports on Website activity and to provide other services related to Internet usage. The IP address transmitted by your browser will not collated or link any other data held by Google.
You can learn more about Google Analytics here: https://www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/
You may further prevent transmission of data relating to your use of the Website (including your IP address) to Google by downloading and installing the add-on for your current web browser by using the following link: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en.
Third Party Advertising:
We may display third-party advertisements such as banners or links on the internet. These advertisements may collect information about your visits and interactions with our services and product as well other visits to other websites. This information will not include your name, address, email address but may contain browser-related information.
Disclosure/Sharing of Your Personal Information
We may disclose or share your personal information to third parties:
- Who help us to administer the Website (such as our Internet service providers) or to provide the service or to provide the services you are requesting. The third parties must at all time provide the same level of security for your personal information as Chevalier Watches.
- Third party providers that perform functions on our behalf. Examples include fulfilling orders, delivering packages, providing customer service, sending postal mail and email, processing credit card payments, analyzing data, marketing assistance, executing customer satisfaction surveys, multichannel payment transactions, providing customized advertising and search results and links (which may include paid listings and links).
- Any information where we engage services that uses your Personal Information will use reasonable measures to ensure that information will only be used for the purpose defined by us (provided that your Personal Information is subject to the Privacy Shield). Any Personal Information that you may include in a text product review (if applicable to brand/website) may be made public in the product review section of the Website.
- Any information contained in your wish list (if applicable to brand/website) may be shared with the family and friends that you directed us to share with.
- We may share your Personal Information with select third parties occasionally (unless you have opted out) so they can send you promotional materials about goods and services offered by them. We may share your Personal Information occasionally with organizations that combine the Personal Information with publicly available information we receive from cross-references from our marketing partners and other third parties. This combination of information is used to enhance your shopping experience with us, to help inform you of current events that may interest you, for promotional offers, and to communicate with you about our products.
- We may allow you to share Personal Information with third parties, such as social networks similar to Facebook. In these circumstances you are agreeing to the data that is being shared and the shared data is subject to the privacy policies of the third parties. We do not assume or control any responsibility for the use of Personal Information by such third parties. To learn more information about the scope of a third party’s purpose of their use of Personal Information please visit the privacy policies of such third parties.
Retention of Personal Information
We will retain your Personal Information for the period necessary to fulfill the purpose outlined in this policy or as long as we are required by law. After this time period your Personal Information will be deleted. You may opt out of our mailing list or unsubscribe from receiving future newsletters by following the unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email. At any time, you may contact our site for further help.
The importance of security for all Personally Identifiable Information associated with our guests is of utmost concern to us. Unfortunately, no data transmission with privacy and security standards or safeguards is 100% secure. We take all necessary steps to ensure any information you share with us is kept secure and strictly confidential. As a result, other than specifically set forth below, Chevalier Watches cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us, or security of information we or our affiliates transmits to you.
Other Material Linked
This Site may offer a link to connect to a third-party website for the convenience of our website visitors. These third-party websites are not necessarily under the control and responsibility of Chevalier Watches. We advise you to review all content or privacy practices of such linked site or services. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for the privacy practices of such third-party websites and you are ultimately responsible for maintaining all account information.
At any time after you opt-in, you change your mind you may contact us to withdraw your consent for us to contact you. You may opt-out by sending an email to email@example.com, or use any other options we may offer. If you do not exercise your opt-out choice upon registration it may take up to ninety (90) days for your opt-out choices to be fully effective.
Children’s Online Privacy Act
We request that you are at least the age of 13 or majority in your state or providence of residence. We request that person under age be supervised from a responsible adult. We will never request Personal Information from a minor child without verifiable parental consent. If we are made aware that a child is under age without prior parental consent, we will remove his or her Personal Information from our files.
Your Rights Regarding Your Personal Information
You may at all times request information as to what data from you is being processed and for what purpose. Furthermore, you may in accordance with the law request the correction, blocking or deletion of your data unless we have to keep your data for legal reasons. To assert your rights and for any questions you might have, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please feel free to address any concerns you may have regarding our use of Personal Information by contacting details provided above.
Please address any concerns or questions, complaints, inquiries, corrections, to amend or delete any Personal Information, or requests to limit the processing of your Personal Information by simply contacting:
Email Address: email@example.com